HOUSTON, Texas – July 7, 2022 – Our Nation’s Energy Future (“ONE Future”) today announced that its methane intensity reporting methodologies have been analyzed and validated as efficacious by a third party (ERM CVS). ERM CVS provides independent assurance and certification for the world’s leading organizations and was contracted by the ONE Future Board.
ERM CVS reviewed the following reporting methodology as part of the validation process.
- ONE Future’s process for collecting emissions data and other relevant information for the reporting year from member companies,
- The process for calculating methane intensities for individual member companies and natural gas value chain segments, including the normalization of segment methane intensity relative to gross production, using EIA data,
- The alignment of the methane intensity calculations by segment with the methodology set out in the ONE Future Methane Emissions Estimation Protocol,
- The QA/QC procedures carried out by ONE Future on the data submitted by member companies and on the methane intensity calculations,
- The schedule for the data collection, methane intensity calculation, and the process for preparing ONE Future’s Methane Emission Intensities Report.
“We are proud of these third-party findings, which validate our reporting methodologies,” said Jim Kibler, Executive Director, ONE Future. “We are continually looking for ways to improve our reporting, are steadfast to our commitment of full transparency, and have always strived to go above and beyond EPA requirements. Our members are leading the industry in methane reduction efforts and despite our stringent reporting guidelines, we have beat our 1.0% goal in all four years of reporting, demonstrating that the natural gas industry can minimize methane emissions and increase production and throughput while supplying much needed energy to the U.S. and around the globe for years to come.”
The ONE Future Coalition is a group of more than 50 natural gas companies working together to voluntarily reduce methane emissions across the natural gas value chain to 1% (or less) by 2025 and is comprised of some of the largest natural gas production, gathering & boosting, processing, transmission & storage and distribution companies in the U.S. and represents more than 20% of the U.S. natural gas value chain.
About ONE Future
ONE Future was formed when seven companies came together in 2014 with a focus to collectively achieve a science-based average rate of methane emissions across our facilities equivalent to one percent or less of total natural gas production. Since our formation, we have grown to more than 50 companies accounting for some of the largest natural gas producers, transmission, and distribution companies in the U.S. ONE Future members operate in 16 out of the 38 production basins and have distribution operations in 36 out of the 50 states, other segments of the value chain operate in multiple regions of the country as well. Therefore, ONE Future’s data represent a geographically diverse and material share of the U.S. natural gas supply chain. For more information visit Home | One Future.
Media Contact ONE Future: