We’re committed to addressing homelessness and helping at-risk youth and families
At NW Natural, we do more than natural gas. We work to improve the health of our community. That’s why we’ve awarded five local nonprofits with grants totaling half a million dollars from our shareholders’ Corporate Philanthropy Fund, plus in-kind resources and volunteer support. Our 2020-2022 Programs of Focus are:
- A Village for One provides a safe environment for youth impacted by commercial sexual exploitation, and opportunities to heal physically, mentally and spiritually.
- Bonneville Environmental Foundation’s “Clean Energy. Bright Futures” provides underserved youth with equitable access to energy education and careers.
- Community Warehouse is an innovative “furniture bank” that provides essential household furnishings to neighbors-in-need.
- Janus Youth Programs serves more than 6,000 at-risk children, youth and families each year in Oregon and Washington, helping to stabilize lives and create paths to success.
- Portland Homeless Family Solutions empowers homeless families with children to get back into housing long-term and thrive.