We’re committed to addressing homelessness and helping at-risk youth and families
At NW Natural, we do more than natural gas. We work to improve the health of our community. Each year we distribute $1 million from our shareholder funded Corporate Philanthropy Fund. We’ve awarded grants totaling half of that amount, plus in-kind resources and volunteer support, to five local non-profits called our Programs of Focus.
- A Village for One provides a safe environment for youth impacted by commercial sexual exploitation, and opportunities to heal physically, mentally and spiritually.
- Bonneville Environmental Foundation’s “Clean Energy. Bright Futures” provides underserved youth with equitable access to energy education and careers.
- Community Warehouse is an innovative “furniture bank” that provides essential household furnishings to neighbors-in-need.
- Janus Youth Programs serves more than 6,000 at-risk children, youth and families each year in Oregon and Washington, helping to stabilize lives and create paths to success.
- Portland Homeless Family Solutions empowers homeless families with children to get back into housing long-term and thrive.